Friday, December 20, 2013

The End

The end of the year is approaching. It's been a year that has teased, taunted and scalded in equal measure. I don't think there was ever a year that I wanted to end. So fast. So soon. I have made mistakes this year that I wish I can learn from. Will I? I have learned I can be pretty mean. Be a bitch. Be kind. Be compassionate. Get angry. Be calm. Throw words. Hold back words. I have been through the washing machine, and wrung myself out dry. At the end, I wonder where I will be. I wonder if this is the best and the worst. I have no answer to it.

But as 2013 draws to a close, I can only thank the year. It hardened me. It toughened me. It made me cry. And shatter little glass pieces deep inside my self. I can thank the year because I am grateful I am still standing here to see the wreck of myself. This year has been a slow one for writing - I don't know if I will write more in the coming year. But this is my open letter to the world to let them know that change is coming. And as with all change, we need to move with it. I will be in the Himalayas, closing my eyes to the cold and breathing in the beauty of the mountains when the year ends. I wish all of you a beautiful year, a 2014 that will offer something of hope and redemption in the power of friendship and humanity. To those of you who stuck by me this miserable year, no amount of gratitude is enough. To those who chose to leave, thank you for that as well, till we meet again. Those who offered me words of wisdom and consolation, thank you. You know that you are blessed in the best that life can offer - compassion.

May the coming end be one that sinks to the bottom so that the most beautiful moments can rise again.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. hey nice post mehn. I like your style of writing. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog titled How To Succeed By Cheating Your Assumptions .
    keep up the good work.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to know that you had a tough year in 2013, Soul Muser. But glad to know that you got through it. Hope your New Year has started well. Wish you a very Happy New Year. Hope it is filled with lots of joy and happiness and lots of wonderful books, beautiful reading moments, and wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Vishy. I guess I am pretty late in replying to your comment!

      Delete